What is seed tank?
, which is also called seeding tank
, is suitable for yogurt and lactic acid bacteria beverage mother liquor fermentation, brewing, condiment, pharmaceutical, chemical and fungal cultivation. It can be used for heat preservation, heating and cooling. It is a fully enclosed sanitary special equipment for fermentation
The material of the seeding tank is composed of imported 304, 1cr18Ni9Ti. This equipment has the advantages of energy saving, noise reduction, corrosion resistance, strong productivity, convenient cleaning and operation, etc.
Structure of seed tank
A. The fixed seed tank is mainly composed of feet and a tank body.
B. The can and tank liner of the seed tank are made of high-quality polished stainless steel.
C. A3 board is used for reinforcement and sheath, and glass asbestos is used for insulation layer.
D. Outer skin and polished fish scale pattern are made of high-quality 304, 1Cr18Ni9Ti material.
E. The seal between the agitator and the pot cover is composed of mechanical seals.
F. Stainless steel studs are used for the upper and lower connections of the tank cover, and XB250 non-toxic rubber is used for the sealing gasket.
Installation and debugging
A. Due to the long-distance transportation, first check each connecting thread.
B. The agitator should be inspected for an empty test run, and it can be put into production only after the transmission parts are in normal operation.
C. After connecting, check the joints. If there is air leakage, tighten the pipe joints and studs until there is no leakage before it can be put into normal production.
Types of seed tank
There are two types of seed tanks: stainless steel seed tank and carbon steel seed tank. (The cooling and heating forms include inner coil type, jacket type, and outer ring type for users to choose.)
The difference between stainless steel tank and carbon steel tank is reflected in many places. For example, under the same application conditions, carbon steel tanks will have a corrosion allowance, so the wall thickness will be thicker than stainless steel tanks, and the weight is much heavier than stainless steel tanks, but the price Cheaper than stainless steel tanks. Stainless steel tanks have higher adaptability to materials than carbon steel tanks. Generally, the high temperature of carbon steel tanks is about 480°C, and that of stainless steel tanks is about 700°C. Stainless steel tanks can meet the hygienic requirements of food-grade equipment. In terms of corrosion resistance Stainless steel tanks are also much better than carbon steel tanks, but carbon steel tanks are stronger than stainless steel tanks.
Stainless steel tank and carbon steel tank have their unique performance characteristics, and the uses of the two kinds of steel are also different. Carbon steel is steel without intentionally adding alloy elements, and stainless steel is steel with high alloy content for anti-rust, which has good durability. corrosion performance. The workmanship of stainless steel tanks is finer than that of carbon steel tanks. The inside and outside of the tank are highly polished, clear and fine, not easy to have dead ends, and have good hygienic performance.
Features of seed tank
1. The main body of seed tank mainly includes the tank body, feet, etc. The inner tank of the tank is generally polished to make the inner wall lubricated.
2. The insulation layer is made of glass asbestos in order to have a good insulation effect.
3. The agitator and the pot cover are sealed with a mechanical seal, so that they can have an excellent sealing effect.
Function of seed tank
The function of the seed tank is to germinate a limited number of bacteria in the laboratory, grow and multiply into a large number of bacteria, and can grow rapidly after being connected to the culture medium of the fermenter to reach a certain amount of bacteria to facilitate the synthesis of the product. Seed tank grade The number refers to the number of times that the preparation of seeds needs to be expanded and cultivated step by step, generally according to the growth characteristics of the strain, the spore germination and the reproduction speed of the bacteria, and the volume of the fermenter used.
The number of stages of the seed tank mainly depends on the nature of the strain, the growth rate of the bacteria, the variety of the product, the scale of production and the reasonable utilization rate of the fermentation equipment. The first stage of seed fermentation in fermenter is called secondary fermentation, and the second stage of seed fermentation in fermenter is called tertiary fermentation.
The primary and secondary tanks are mainly for expanding the amount of bacteria. The bacteria are in the logarithmic growth phase and have no secondary metabolism (that is, no acid production). The bacteria in the seed tank grow up, and when connected to a large fermentation tank, it can enter a stable period in a short period of time and start to produce acid.
If the small bottle of seed liquid is directly connected to the fermenter without going through the seed tank, it will take a long time to grow. The seed tank can increase the utilization rate of the fermenter equipment and save energy.
Working principle of seed tank
The reason for the fast fermentation speed and short fermentation cycle in the seed tank is due to the modern beer fermentation technology and the hydrodynamic properties of the fermentation broth adopted in the conical tank.
After the seed tank is inoculated with yeast, due to the coagulation of yeast, the cell density of yeast at the bottom of the seed tank increases, resulting in faster fermentation and more carbon dioxide produced in the fermentation process, while the hydrostatic pressure generated by the height of the fermentation liquid column also causes the carbon dioxide content to change in a gradient with the liquid layer, so the density of the fermentation liquid inside the tank also shows a gradient change, in addition, because the conical tank outside In addition, since the conical tank is equipped with a cooling device, the temperature of each stage of fermentation can be controlled artificially. Under the driving forces of density difference of fermentation broth, static pressure difference, carbon dioxide release effect and temperature difference (1~2℃) generated by cooling of the upper part of the tank, strong natural convection of fermentation broth is generated in the tank, which enhances the contact between fermentation broth and yeast and promotes the metabolism of yeast, making beer fermentation speed up greatly and beer fermentation cycle shorten significantly. In addition, as the main fermentation temperature of beer, inoculation temperature, diacetyl reduction temperature and yeast inoculation amount are increased, these are also conducive to speed up the fermentation of yeast, thus enabling fermentation to proceed quickly.
Technical parameters of seed tank
|Nominal volume (m^3)||Cylinder diameter (mm)||Cylinder height (mm)||Jacket diameter (mm)||Stirring shaft speed (r/min)||Stirring shaft power (kw)
How does seed tank work?
Seed tank preparations before inoculation
1. Notify the staff on duty half an hour before seed tank inoculation to close the windows of the seed tank area, and then spray the seed tank area with 1% bromogeramine.
2. Prepare 1% Xinjieer, 75% alcohol and sterile gauze; confirm that the seed tank to be inoculated is operating normally, the tank pressure is 0.03-0.05MPa, the tank temperature and pH are within the range of process requirements; the end of the silicone tube at the inoculation port is protected In good condition with live air micro-exhaust.
3. Prepare the ultra-clean table for inoculation, turn on the UV lamp, turn on the seed tank fan to high-grade, and irradiate with the UV lamp for 30 minutes. Finally, turn off the ultraviolet lamp and turn on the fluorescent lamp to be inoculated.
4. After receiving the inoculation bottle from the strain, the technician checks that the airtightness of the inoculation bottle (silicone plug, clip and silicone tube) is intact.
Inoculation of seed tanks
The inoculation operation of the seed tank is carried out by craftsmen and assisted by the staff on duty. All personnel involved in vaccination should wash their hands before vaccination.
1. Technicians first disinfect their hands with 75% alcohol, put on sterile gloves, and then disinfect with 75% alcohol.
2. Bring the end of the inoculation port of the seed tank and the end of the inoculation bottle close to each other, remove the gauze at the end of the inoculation port, remove the gauze at the end of the silicone tube at the inoculation bottle, and quickly connect the silicone tube with the inoculation port. Pinch the connection between the silicone tube and the inoculation port with the sterile gauze to prevent the tube from falling off during the seeding process.
3. After the docking is completed, turn on the peristaltic pump to drive the shaker seeds into the seed tank.
4. When there is no seed solution in the shake bottle seed bottle, it means that the shake bottle seeds have been picked up.
5. After the shake flask seeds are picked up, adjust the tank pressure to 0.03Mpa and above to close the inoculation port valve (to prevent the vacuum phenomenon after the inoculation bottle is inoculated, causing the outside air to enter the ultra-clean workbench, causing contamination of the ultra-clean workbench), and unplug it. For the silicone tube at the inoculation port of the seed tank, tie the inoculation port with sterile gauze dipped in 75% alcohol, and at the same time fold up the end of the silicone tube of the inoculation bottle and tie it with gauze (or clamp it with a clip). After the silicone tube of the inoculation port of the seed tank is cleaned, a batch of seeds are left for use in the tank. The silicone tube used for inoculation was replaced once a month.
6. Clean the ultra-clean workbench; wipe it with 1% new germonium gauze from the inside to the outside and from top to bottom in order.
Handover with the on-duty personnel, and the on-duty personnel immediately adjust the relevant parameters to the range of process requirements after receiving it, and start the operation. All vaccination-related personnel should fill in the vaccination records.
Safety considerations of seed tank
1. The steam pressure used in the seed tank shall not exceed the approved rated working air pressure.
2. When taking in air, slowly open the air intake valve until the pressure is required. A steam trap must be installed outside the condensed water outlet.
3. The safety valve can be adjusted according to the pressure of the steam used by the user. Do not use in excess.
4. During use, always pay attention to the change of steam pressure, and adjust the intake valve in a timely manner.
5. After stopping use, be sure to drain the remaining water in the jacket.
6. After each use, the inside of the tank must be cleaned to keep it clean.
How to order seed tank?
offer automated manufacturing facilities help customer solve and reduce labor cost, increase work efficiency, create huge wealth.
If you are interested in our seed tank, seeding tank
or have any questions, please write an e-mail to email@example.com, we will reply to you as soon as possible.