What is fermentation tank?
is a device used for microbial fermentation
. The main body of the fermentation tank is usually the main cylinder made of stainless steel plate, and the volume y is 1m³ or hundreds of m³. In the processing and design, we should pay attention to the reasonable and tight structure. This equipment adopts the internal circulation method and uses the stirring paddle to break up and disperse the air bubbles. It has high and good mixing effect and oxygen dissolution rate.
The fermentation tank
can withstand steam sterilization, has certain operational flexibility, minimizes internal fittings (so that dead ends can be avoided), has strong energy and material transfer performance, and can be adjusted to reduce pollution and facilitate cleaning.
Structure of fermentation tank
The tank body is mainly used for fermentation and cultivation of various bacteria with better sealing (to prevent bacteria from being contaminated)
There is a stirring paddle in the tank for continuous stirring during fermentation.
Sparger with bottom ventilator is used to pass oxygen or air needed for bacterial growth.
There are control sensors on the top plate of the tank, most commonly DO electrode and pH electrode for monitoring DO and pH changes of the fermentation broth during the fermentation process.
Types of fermentation tank
1. According to the equipment of the fermenter, it is divided into a mechanical stirring ventilating fermenter and a non-mechanical stirring ventilating fermenter.
2. According to the metabolic and growth needs of microorganisms, they can be divided into anaerobic fermenters and aerobic fermenters.
3. According to the amount of fermentation and the fermentation method, it can generally be divided into three types:
If used in experiments, it is generally a single-batch fermentation.
Single batch fermentation tank
Filling, sterilization, inoculation, fermentation, etc. are completed in one tank; the batch size is small, the production cost is high, the pollution rate is high, the automation rate is low, the manual investment is large, but the one-time investment is small.
Continuous fermentation tank
Continuous fermentation tank consists of a set of equipment connected in series. After the raw materials are first sterilized, they are continuously fed into the fermenter from the feed port. In the initial stage, the strains are also fed into the fermenter. The fermented products come out from the discharge port of the fermenter, so it can be "long-term" Continuous production, mass production, low production cost, low pollution rate, automation, less labor consumption, but a large one-time investment.
Features of fermentation tank
1. In-line SIP sterilization and CIP cleaning (121°C/0.1MPa).
2. Designed according to the requirements of the sanitary level, the structure design is very humanized, and the operation is convenient. Low noise and stable transmission.
3. Customized stirring device according to needs, proper diameter to height ratio design, not only can save energy, but also better stirring and fermentation effect.
4. The surface of the inner tank will be polished by mirror (roughness Ra≤0.4µm); the openings of the inlet and outlet nozzles, sight mirrors, manholes and other process openings and the welding parts of the inner tank body adopt the arc transition of stretching and flanging technology , smooth and easy to clean without dead ends, ensuring the reliability and stability of the production process, in line with "cGMP" and other specifications.
Function of fermentation tank
Fermenters are mainly used for anaerobic fermentation (e.g. production of alcohols and solvents) and aerobic fermentation. The structure of fermenters for anaerobic fermentation can be relatively simple. Fermenters for aerobic fermentation require a large amount of sterile air to be continuously introduced into the tank, and the structure of the fermenter is relatively complex in order to consider the air utilization rate. Commonly used fermenters for aerobic fermentation are mechanical stirring fermenters, bubbling fermenters and air floatation fermenters.
The fermentation process of wine and dairy products is a pollution-free and aseptic process. The fermentation tank adopts aseptic system to prevent and avoid the contamination of airborne microorganisms, which greatly ensures the purity of the product and also extends the shelf life of the product. The design and installation of fermentation tank adopts aseptic positive pressure fermentation systemh or aseptic breathing air hole. The tank is equipped with labyrinth jacket or Milo plate, which can input cooling or heating medium for circulating cooling or heating. The capacity of fermentation tanks varies from 300-15000L. Fermenters can be divided into laboratory large fermenters, pilot production fermenters and small fermenters according to the scope of use.
Fermentation tanks are widely used in beverage, dairy products, biological engineering, fine chemical, pharmaceutical and other industries. The tank body is equipped with insulation layer and sandwich layer, which can be cooled, heated and insulated. The tank body and the upper and lower filling heads (or cone) are processed with rotating R angle. The inner wall of the tank body is polished by mirror, no sanitary dead corner.
Technical parameters of fermentation tank
|Motor power Kw||2.2||3.0||4.0||4.0
Working principle of fermentation tank
The fermentation tank uses mechanical stirring to produce radial and axial flow of materials, so that the materials in the fermentation tank are fully mixed and the solids in the liquid are kept in suspension, which is conducive to the full contact between nutrients and solids and the absorption of nutrients; in addition, the fermentation tank can break the air bubbles, increase the gas-liquid contact area, improve the mass transfer rate between gas and liquid, strengthen the oxygen transfer effect and eliminate foam. At the same time, sterile air is introduced to maintain the oxygen requirements of the bacteria and meet the working principle of the aerobic bacteria growth fermentation fermenter.
The working principle of the fermenter is: use the rotor immersed in the fermentation liquid to rotate rapidly, causing the liquid and air to move towards the outer edge under the action of centrifugal force, which will gradually cause the pressure near the rotor to increase, so the universal fermenter The rotors are getting faster and faster. Because the cavity of the rotor communicates with the atmosphere, the air outside the fermenter is continuously sucked through the filter, and then thrown to the outer edge of the impeller, and then the air and liquid are evenly distributed and thrown out through the counter-rotating impeller. The agitation of the rotor makes the gas-liquid form a strong mixed flow around the impeller, the air bubbles are crushed, and the gas-liquid is fully mixed.
How to use fermentation tank？
1. Connect the power outlet and turn on the computer power switch.
2. Enter the computer operation interface, the password is 1155.
3. The small tank has a maximum volume of 10L for No. 1, and it can be filled with a minimum of 5L and a maximum of 8L of liquid.
4. The large tank is number 2, with a maximum volume of 50L, and a minimum of 20L and a maximum of 40L of liquid.
1. Preparation before use
The steam generator and air compressor must be drained, all valves of the fermentation tank are closed, but the bottom drain valve is opened (the black straight shape is moved parallel to the pipeline)
2. Heating stage
Turn on the steam generator, wait until the temperature is reached, turn on the jacket steam switch (red circle shape) to the maximum, turn on the stirring, turn off the stirring after the temperature reaches 80 degrees, turn down the drain valve, open the tank inlet steam valve (red circle shape), During the sterilization process, the inlet pressure should always be higher than the pressure behind the tank. When it is close to 121 degrees, slightly open the exhaust valve (black circular shape) and drain valve (black straight shape) to vibrate the low-temperature steam and the condensed water in the jacket, which is conducive to heating up.
3 Heat preservation stages
If T>121 degrees, first close the small jacket steam switch and the steam inlet valve (fine adjustment), if the temperature continues to rise, open the drain valve (fine adjustment) to ensure that the temperature is maintained between 119-123 degrees.
4. Blow dry the filter
Turn off the steam generator, close the jacket steam valve and tank steam valve (red circle), close the gas tank ball valve (black circle) and open the drain valve behind the filter (one black and one blue two round valves) ;Find the air compressor, turn on the intake valve (black straight) and the gas flow meter switch (black round), wait for the two white hoses to cool down (not hot, about 5min), then turn off the two white hoses, one black and one blue. Drain valve.
5. Cooling down phase
Turn on the air inlet tank switch to the maximum, open the tail gas valve to an appropriate opening, and let the air enter the tank. In control
Turn off the heating switch on the control panel. Open the main water inlet valve (black straight shape) outlet valve and the heater water inlet valve (blue straight shape) to cool down. When the temperature is lower than 90 degrees, you can properly turn on the stirring to accelerate the cooling down.
Inoculation is performed when the temperature drops to our desired temperature. Turn off the air, light the fire ring, and inoculate under the protection of the flame. After the inoculation is completed, the inoculation port cover is burnt and sterilized and then closed. Turn on the air, adjust the gas flow and tank pressure to a suitable value and then turn on
Avoid scalding during the whole process!
During the fermentation process, the tank pressure cannot drop to zero!
The operation process is more complicated, novices must operate under the guidance of experienced people!
The setting parameters cannot be changed casually!
The air compressor drains regularly, and the steam generator discharges sewage every time a batch is used up!
Maintenance of fermentation tank
1. If the air inlet pipe and the outlet pipe joint leak, if the problem is not solved by tightening the joint, add or replace the packing.
2. The safety valve and pressure gauge of the fermenter should be checked regularly, and if there is any malfunction, they should be repaired or replaced in time.
3. When cleaning the fermenter, do not scrape with hard tools to avoid damaging the surface of the fermenter, please use soft brushes to brush and wash.
4. When the equipment of the fermenter is out of use, it should be cleaned in time and the residual water in each pipeline and fermenter should be discharged; loosen the hand hole screws and fermenter cover to prevent permanent deformation of the sealing ring.
5. Should regularly (once a year) to the constant temperature water tank and operating platform and other carbon steel equipment spray paint to prevent corrosion.
6. Check the oil level of the fermenter reducer frequently. When the lubricant is insufficient, it needs to be increased in time.
Precautions of fermentation tank
1). Before sterilization, check the liquid level in the tank and make sure all electrodes should be below the liquid level.
2). Before turning on the power to the fermenter, make sure to check that the temperature probe has been inserted into the tank and that the cooling water has been turned on, otherwise it will burn out the heating circuit.
3). During the fermentation process, the workbench must be kept clean, used culture bottles and other items must be cleaned up in time, and water or acid-base solution spilled for some reason must be wiped off immediately.
4). Special care must be taken during disassembly, installation and sterilization, as the jars and pH electrodes are expensive and fragile parts.
How to order fermentation tank?
offer automated manufacturing facilities help customer solve and reduce labor cost, increase work efficiency, create huge wealth.
If you are interested in our fermentation tank, fermentation vessel & fermentation cylinder
or have any questions, please write an e-mail to email@example.com, we will reply to you as soon as possible.