What is rotor pump?
, which is also called helical rotor pump
or infusion pump
, is a pump that changes the working volume through the relative motion between the pump body and the rotor, which in turn increases the energy of the liquid. A rotor pump is a rotating displacement pump with positive displacement properties, and its flow rate does not vary with back pressure.
Helical rotor pump
Helical rotor pump is a form of volumetric pump. It has no suction and discharge valves, and changes the working volume through the relative movement between the rotor and the pump body, and discharges the liquid by the squeezing effect of the rotor that rotates, while leaving space on the other side to form a low pressure, so that the liquid is continuously drawn in.
Structure of rotor pump
Pump cavity refers to the entire space in the pump that contains the liquid to be delivered. The liquid enters the pump chamber through one or several inlets, and leaves the pump chamber through one or several outlets after obtaining energy through the pump chamber.
Pump body refers to the pump parts that surround the pump chamber, sometimes also called the pump casing or pump chamber.
Pump cover refers to the part that seals the end of the pump body to form the pump chamber.
Rotor is an important part of the rotor pump, which rotates in the pump chamber. In different rotor pumps, the rotors have different names, such as gears in gear pumps; screws in screw pumps.
When the temperature changes and the viscosity of the conveying medium changes greatly, it can be considered to install a heat preservation jacket, and a pipeline or jacket can be installed inside or outside the pump body or pump cover. According to needs, steam or cooling water is passed through the jacket to heat or cool the medium.
For all positive displacement pumps, when the pump is running, if the outlet pipe is blocked or the outlet valve is not opened, the pressure at the pump outlet and the pump cavity near it will rise rapidly. Therefore, it is necessary to set a safety valve to limit the pressure there.
Types of rotor pump
Rotor pumps are divided into structural types, including gear pumps, screw pumps, rotary piston pumps (cam pumps, Roots pumps), flexible impeller pumps, sliding vane pumps, hose pumps, etc.
Gear pumps are mainly composed of gears, pump bodies, shafts, pump covers, shaft end seals, bearing sleeves, etc. Gear pumps have two structures: external gearing and internal gearing.
Progressive cavity pump
Progressive cavity pump consists of a pump casing and one or more screws. It relies on the intermeshing screws to suck and deliver the liquid. Among them, twin-screw pumps have two types: hermetic and non-hermetic.
Rotary piston pump
The structure of rotary piston pump and cam pump is similar, the difference is that the liquid seal is also formed between the rotors, and most of the large pumps are simply supported. Its processing is simpler than that of the cam pump, and its working pressure is lower than that of the cam pump.
Sliding vane pump
Sliding vanes are located in the radial grooves of the rotor. These slides and the stator form a sealed cavity that gradually increases with the increase of eccentricity.
Features of rotor pump
1. There are no discharge valves and suction valves, and their main working parts are rotors and pump casings (such as screws, gears, cams, etc.).
2. Compared with reciprocating pumps, rotor pump makes rotary motion high speed, without impact, compact structure and small volume.
3. Generally, rotor pump is only suitable for transporting a small amount of liquid, and most of them are used as auxiliary equipment.
4. Most rotor pumps are lubricated by the liquid they transport, so they are generally suitable for transporting liquids that have lubricity and do not contain solid particles.
5. Rotor pump also discharges liquid intermittently, so the fluctuation of the flow rate is larger than that of the centrifugal pump and smaller than that of the reciprocating pump, but it can be regarded as approximately uniform.
6. When there is a liquid film on the surface of the rotor (delivering lubricating liquid), the pump will have self-priming ability.
Working principle of rotor pump
Rotor pump consist of a stationary pump body and a rotating rotor. The side of the rotor in the pump body that is in contact with the liquid directly acts on the liquid in the form of static pressure, and discharges the liquid through the extrusion of the rotating rotor.
The work of the rotor pump can be divided into three continuous processes. Suction process: the pump chamber is connected to the inlet, and is disconnected from the outlet; work process: the pump chamber is disconnected from the inlet; discharge process: the pump chamber is disconnected from the inlet, and connected to the outlet.
In order to ensure smooth delivery of liquid, at any time, the liquid in the pump cavity of the rotor pump cannot communicate with the inlet and outlet at the same time.
Technical parameters of rotor pump
|Displacement per hundred revolutions (L)||3||6||8||12||20
|Suggested speed range (rpm)||200-500||200-500||200-500||200-500||200-500
How does rotor pump work?
1. During the operation of rotor pump, attention should be paid to the power of the motor and the operation of the pump. If there is any abnormality, the pump should be stopped to find out the reason.
2. The mechanical seal should have no leakage and heat generation.
3. For rotor pump with packing seals, 1~3 drops per minute is allowed. If the leakage increases, just press the material ring slightly, without disassembly.
4. When the mechanical continuously variable transmission is used, the speed is gradually adjusted according to the digitally displayed speed after starting the machine.
5. Two methods of manual frequency regulation and automatic control can be used for speed regulation by frequency converter.
6. Always check the heating of the pump and motor.
7. When rotor pump is running, it is strictly forbidden to close all the inlet and outlet valves.
1. Stop the rotor pump and close the inlet and outlet valves, and discharge and clean up the easily condensed materials.
2. After rotor pump has been stopped for a long time, the coupling should be turned by hand before it is started. There is resistance to the hand, but it can be turned freely and evenly.
3. When rotor pump and the deceleration motor are reinstalled in place, the coaxiality between the pump shaft and the motor shaft should be checked, and the outer circle of the coupling should not exceed 0.1mm.
Precautions of rotor pump
The operation of rotor pump is convenient and safe. Just press the button and turn on the power to start normal operation. In order to ensure that the pump can work very well, you should also pay attention to the following methods.
1. Before turning on rotor pump: First check whether the parts of the pump are intact and whether the valves on the inlet and outlet pipelines are fully open. In short, it is necessary to ensure that the parts are intact and the pipeline is unblocked.
2. When starting rotor pump: It is necessary to let the equipment in the next process start to work first, and then the pump can be started.
3. During the operation of rotor pump, you should pay attention to whether the action is normal at any time. If you find that the front of the pump is cut off or the back of the pump is blocked, you should stop it in time and restart it after troubleshooting.
4. When the operation of the whole line is stopped, it should be stopped in sequence according to the process, that is, the booster pump should be stopped first, and then the related equipment behind the pump should be stopped.
Pay attention to the following several aspects of protection protection work.
(1) The seals and rotor pump seals are divided into static parts seals and moving parts seals, and the sealing rings supporting the static parts seal (should pay attention to the appearance without scratches or bruises, otherwise, it will directly affect the sealing effect; for dynamic parts Parts are sealed, because it will be corroded by the pressure and transport medium, as well as the influence of many factors such as particle wear in the medium (if you are not careful, there may be leakage. After assembling, use your hands first before turning it on.
(2) For lubricating parts, good lubricating conditions must be maintained for the transmission gears and rolling bearings of the pump.
(3) For the electrical system, it is not allowed to store devices, substances or gases that damage the insulation around the electrical equipment. If it is unavoidable, moisture-proof equipment should be added.
(4) For daily maintenance, when the machine is shut down and not in operation, the stainless steel rotor pump will be cleaned effectively with the appropriate cleaning agent according to the nature of the transported materials, and finally cleaned with clean water to ensure the cleanliness of the pump.
Applications of rotor pump
Rotor pumps are widely used in oil, petrochemical, warehouse and tank cleaning, subway and high-speed rail sewage discharge, breeding sewage, kitchen waste treatment and other fields.
Rotor pump is a positive displacement pump that can change the volume of the pump through a pair of synchronously rotating rotors to generate a high degree of vacuum and discharge pressure to achieve fluid delivery.
How to choose rotor pump?
In industrial production, centrifugal pumps account for about 80% of the total number of pumps, and rotor pumps account for about 10%. This often leads to the selection of centrifugal pumps in some occasions where centrifugal pumps are not suitable.
Generally speaking, for the transportation of liquids with different viscosities, rotor pump has incomparable advantages over other pumps. Or contain the characteristics of solid particles.
How to order rotor pump?
offer automated manufacturing facilities help customer solve and reduce labor cost, increase work efficiency, create huge wealth.
If you are interested in our rotor pump, helical rotor pump & ge rotor pump
or have any questions, please write an e-mail to email@example.com, we will reply to you as soon as possible.