What is milk separator?
Milk separator, which is also called milk separator machine, is a machine that removes foreign matter from milk by mechanical separation. Centrifugal force is generally used to separate foreign matter. Milk separator is one of the raw milk pretreatment machines commonly used in dairy production.
Milk separator machine
Milk separator machine is an indispensable key equipment for dairy processing enterprises, animal husbandry farms, food industry, etc. to manufacture cream. It can also be widely used in the separation and decontamination of similar liquids, replace some parts in the separation bowl, and can also be used for the separation and purification of milk, oil, chemical liquids, and medicines.
History of milk separator
Manual milk separator
Before centrifugal separator
, separation was done by letting the milk sit in a container until the cream floated to the top and could be skimmed off by hand. A variant container separator has a spout at the bottom that is opened to allow the milk to flow out. There is a window on the side near the bottom spout that allows the operator to watch when the milk is coming out.
First manufactured by Gustaf de Laval, centrifugal separators make it quicker and easier to separate cream from milk without having to let the milk sit for a while and risk turning sour.
Mechanical milk separator
As the separator rotates, the heavier milk is pulled outward against its walls, while the lighter cream collects in the center. Then cream and milk come out from different nozzles. After separation, the cream and skim milk are mixed together in proportions until the desired fat content is achieved. The ratio depends on the product to be produced (low-fat milk, whole milk or cream).
Structure of milk separator
Milk separator is mainly composed of mechanical transmission (horizontal shaft system and vertical shaft system), separation cylinder, control valve, feeding and discharging device, sewage discharge channel and other parts.
The separation cylinder is one of the main parts of the separator. The materials to be processed are separated in the separation cylinder, which is mainly composed of the separation cylinder body, the separation cylinder cover, the main lock ring, the piston, the action slider, the separation disc group, the spring seat and various fasteners, seals and other parts composition. The upper part of the piston is the separation working chamber, and the lower part is the slag discharge mechanism. The piston in the separation cylinder is actually an axial ring valve, which is used to open and close the slag discharge port on the cylinder wall. A sealing ring is arranged between the outer surface of the piston and the main body of the separation cylinder to prevent leakage of the control water in the lower cavity of the piston.
Technical parameters of milk separator
|Drum disc set||pcs||59
|The pressure during milking||Pa is not lower than||2.5
Working process of milk separator
Milk separating is an indispensable key process for dairy processing enterprises, animal husbandry farms, and food industries to manufacture cream. Milk cleaning is to use the centrifugal force of high-speed rotation to separate the whole milk heated to the appropriate separation temperature into milk fat (light phase) and skim milk (heavy phase) according to the difference in specific gravity of the material to achieve the purpose of extracting medium fat.
Material cleaning process
The material enters the distributor through the feed pipe of milk separator and is accelerated to the rotating speed of the drum. The dispenser transfers the material to the disc area, where it is purged. The cleaned materials flow from the disc area into the upper chamber of the drum, and are conveyed to the discharge pipeline by a fixed centrifugal pump. The unit is equipped with a hydraulic sealing device, which can effectively prevent the oxidation of the material by the surrounding air.
Solid discharge process
The solid impurities separated from the material will be collected around the drum of milk separator machine and discharged periodically through the discharge holes to achieve the required cleaning effect. The discharged impurities are collected in the ring-shaped sediment chamber, which is connected to a sludge bucket, where the impurities are discharged through the pipeline by gravity. The specific operation procedure is: the water pressure generated by the chamber will make the hydraulic piston in the closed position; when the pipeline enters water, the valve will open to let the water in the chamber flow out, at this time the pressure of the material will push the hydraulic piston Push down, and the impurities are immediately discharged from the discharge hole. When the line stops supplying water, the line supplies water to the chamber and the hydraulic piston returns to the closed position.
Automatic control process
The regular discharge of solid impurities is realized by PLC controlling the opening and closing of the solenoid valve of the water cycle. When performing separation and cleaning in place, partial and/or complete slag discharge procedures can be selected to complete different automatic control procedures. By setting the PLC, it is possible to adjust the amount of slag discharge, the frequency of slag discharge, and the combination of partial and complete slag discharge. The PLC can also realize the following functions: automatic closing of the drum when milk separator is started, stop feeding when the slag is completely discharged, flush all inner surfaces before and after slag discharge, control partial and complete slag discharge, material circulation or rotation during cleaning in place Tube overflow, etc.
In/out flow cell monitoring
The feed to milk separator’s bowl is through a closed line, while the product discharge is done using a centrifugal pump. Neither the fixed part nor the rotating part of the unit is equipped with sealing rings. Each inlet and outlet pipeline is equipped with on/off air valves, micro-adjustment valves, butterfly valves, check valves, viewing windows, sanitary pressure gauges and flow meters with sensors to control and adjust the separator, so as to achieve comprehensive monitoring.
The cast iron structure of milk separator and the flange connection of the three-phase drive motor meet the protection of IP55 standard design. The center shaft of the turntable is driven by a centrifugal clutch, horizontal shaft and gear set with a right-angle shaft helix, while the lubrication of the gears and ball bearings is achieved by a splash lubrication process. The base of the unit is mainly composed of 4 parts, namely the manual brake, the sight glass that can check whether the equipment is stopped, the oil level window and the distribution device for the entry of working water. The base body is installed on a machine with a special vibration damper to maintain stability during operation. As for the upper part of the substrate, there is a fixed sediment chamber for collecting and separating the residue, and a protective cover and an inlet/outlet flow unit are placed on it to achieve constant residue collection.
How to use milk separator?
Checking before starting up
1. Release a little lubricating oil from the oil drain hole, check whether there is water, if there is water, release the water, and fill up the missing lubricating oil. If the lubricating oil deteriorates, replace it immediately, and the oil bottom must be cleaned before adding oil. Observe the oil level sight glass, whether the oil level is at 1/2 of the sight glass, (slightly higher than 1/2 for initial refueling) If the oil level is low, fill it up to the standard position, if the oil level is high, drain the oil to the standard oil bit.
2. Turn on the motor briefly, and check whether the motor turns in the direction indicated by the arrow on the motor cover. If not, an electrician should reconnect the power. (Note: This article is very important and must not be ignored. Reversal is never allowed, otherwise there will be serious consequences!!!)
1. Turn on the power switch of milk separator’s electric control box, and then turn on the motor switch. At this time, listen to whether there is any abnormal noise in the milk cleaning machine. If there is any abnormal noise, stop the machine immediately and disassemble the machine for inspection. If everything is normal, wait for 3--8 minutes and the drum reaches the highest speed when the tachometer pointer reaches 1450 rpm.
2 Open the main water valve of the hydraulic system, and adjust the water source pressure to between 2.0--3.0mpa.
1. After the drum is sealed, the machine should be tested with water first. Open the discharge valve first, and then slowly open the feed valve, the amount should be controlled within the production capacity of the milk cleaner. If water leakage is found at the slag outlet, it means that the drum is not completely sealed, and it should be sealed again until there is no water leakage.
2. After milk separator enters normal operation, it starts to feed milk, and the amount should also be controlled within the production capacity of the milk cleaner. The outlet pressure of the skim milk of the milk cleaner is adjusted at about 2Pa.
Slagging discharge (partial slagging discharge)
1. The duration of slag discharge should be controlled within 0.5--1.2 seconds, and the interval of slag discharge should be determined according to the amount of slag in the milk.
The interval between slag discharge should be short if the volume is high, and long if it is on the contrary. Generally, part of the slag discharge is between 15--30 minutes, and the fourth part
Carry out all slagging once after sub-slagging. The feed valve must be closed when all slag is discharged.
2. It is not allowed to discharge slag continuously in a short time, and the interval between continuous slag discharge must be more than 5 minutes.
After 4-5 hours of continuous production, milk separator machine should be cleaned by CIP. The first step of CIP cleaning is to use clean water at 60°C
Clean first, and perform a full slag discharge when the cleaning reaches 5 minutes. The operation method is: turn off the feed pump and feed
Material valve, discharge slag manually, the time is 2-3 seconds (the time should not be too long), wait until the highest speed is reached
Continue feeding for CIP cleaning. This kind of slag discharge is called full slag discharge, and all slag discharge should be repeated twice, with intervals between
After 5-7 minutes, at the end of CIP cleaning, the same slag discharge should be carried out once, and the method is the same as above.
1. Turn off the feed pump, close the feed valve, and close the discharge valve.
2. Carry out a complete slag discharge and close the sealing water valve.
3. Close the main water valve of the hydraulic system.
4. Turn off the motor and switch on automatic slag discharge.
5. Cut off the power supply of the electric control box.
Precautions for milk separator
1. Milk separator should not exceed 20 minutes from machine startup to feeding.
2. The normal rotation speed of the horizontal shaft is 1450 rpm. When the rotation speed drops to about 1300 rpm, the feeding needs to be stopped, and the feeding can only be performed after it returns to the normal rotation speed.
3. Water enters the oil tank. If it is found that it has not been emulsified, the oil hole can be opened to release the water at the bottom of the oil tank: if it has been emulsified, the standard type of lubricating oil must be replaced.
4. Carry out manual disassembly and cleaning within 8--15 days.
5. It is forbidden to use when the sealing water pressure is too low or insufficient. (Insufficient water pressure will lead to unclean slag discharge and excessive slag accumulation, abnormal vibration and damage to the machine).
How to order milk separator?
offer automated manufacturing facilities help customer solve and reduce labor cost, increase work efficiency, create huge wealth.
If you are interested in our milk separator, milk separator machine & milk centrifuge nachine
or have any questions, please write an e-mail to email@example.com, we will reply to you as soon as possible.